Action tab contains the most common commands concerning mail manipulation. Its shortcut is “*” + “1”.
It is the most important folder that serves to store and display retrieved emails from all email accounts. Messages in this folder are threaded according to their relevance. In the menu, the numbers in brackets mean “number of unread mails / all mails” in the Inbox. Inbox displays a list of emails with brief header information in a two-line menu. On the left side of the first line, there are icons which indicate a status of an email:
- A new (unread) email.
- The email was read.
- The email was replied.
- The email is marked as deleted. This occurs when a user presses “Delete” command or “1” shortcut.
- Note: the email is marked as deleted, but it is not physically deleted from the storage until the “Delete now!” command is pressed.
- The email contains attachments.
- The email was marked as “Flagged”.
Note: when marking the mails from IMAP mailbox as “Flagged”, “Read”, “Replied” and “Deleted” the changes are propagated to the mailbox, meaning that the original of the mail at server is also marked with the same flag. This is not true for POP3 mailboxes as POP3 protocol does not support message flags.
Inbox has its own specific commands:
- Redownload – Useful feature, it redownloads the body of the selected email. And tries to repair the bodyparts that where not completely downloaded due to out of RAM exception or Database space, or were deleted.
- Retrieve mails – It retrieves mails from all the active mailboxes.
Viewing a mail:
The selected mail can be viewed by selecting View mail command or pressing Select button on mobile phone. In view mail mode the following actions can be performed:
- Delete/Undelete – mark the mail deleted, respectively, undeleted.
- Header details – shows the mail’s header details: “From”, “Recipients”, “Subject”, “Time”, “Bodyparts”, “Size” fields.
- Bodyparts – lists the mail part and attachments of the message. Several operations can be performed in Bodyparts window, such as:
o Delete bodypart – deletes the given bodypart from the mail (the changes are performed only for mujMail);
o Redownload bodypart – tries to redownload the bodypart from the server;
o Display as text – displays the bodypart (even the ones in a binary format) as a text;
o Export to filesystem – exports the bodypart to filesystem of the mobile device;
o View converted – attempts to convert the bodypart to HTML format to display it (currently only PDF format is supported).
- Forward – allows the user to forward a selected email. Note: Currently only plain mails without attachments can be forwarded.
- Quoted reply – the same as Reply but it includes the original text of the replied email.
- Reply All – the same function as Reply, but it replies to all recipient of the mails, including Bcc and Cc.
- E-mail addresses – gives a user a possibility to save all the email addresses mentioned in this mail.
- Edit – opens mail for editing. It is possible to resend the mail afterwards.
- Export mail to filesystem – exports the mail to the filesystem of the mobile phone.
- Bounce – performs a bounce: sending the mail further without changes. Note: this command, actually opens Write a mail window, where user can choose to modify some parts of the mail before sending.
- Reply – creates a form to reply to the sender of the selected mail.
This command connects to all remote servers and downloads all unread emails from them.